Sunday, January 4, 2015

Disappointing at Night (Natural at Night Palette Review)

So Black Friday sales are my weakness and I broke down and bought Too Faced's Natural at Night Palette-- it was only $15, how could I not?  Well, I am glad I didn't pay full price and there was a large reason why that palette was on sale.  I have since given it away to my Aunt who liked the colors-- I hope she has better luck with it.

Most of the shadows had a hell of a problem with fall out and they had low color pay off.  At a glance the shimmery bronzey colors were glorious and I could not believe the deal I was getting.  So, let me show y'all some swatches and photos of the palette before I say anything else.

I can't say Too Faced doesn't package things beautifully

They sent 2 free samples with the order-- I loved the gloss, but the beauty balm comes in "Nude Glow" which appears to be their darkest shade and was by far too dark for me.

Gloss is in "Sex Pot" and the balm is in "Nude Glow."




See it?  See it? It's glorious, isn't it???  No... It's not glorious as you may think.  :(  Below are the included "look" cards that Too Faced always provides.






Full Moon-- classic gold shimmer
Nightcap-- more of a bronze gold shimmer
Cocoa Flair-- matte chocolate pudding color
Night Light-- blush champagne shimmer (one of the worst for fall out)
After Hours-- cool taupe shimmer that comes out as a much warmer taupe bronze
Eclipse-- warm pink bronze that comes out as more of a warm brown.
Spotlight-- matte cream shade
Moon Stone-- greenish gold shimmer (kind of a mashed peas baby poop color with shimmers)
Night Fever-- matte black with gold glitter

I guess my biggest problem with the palette is that the colors in the pans are not very true to their presented color.  I felt like I was getting one color on my brush and a totally different color on my lids.  All in all, I am really glad that I didn't pay full price for this palette because I was very disappointed with it.  Most of the shades are nice and buttery, but the colors really just didn't work with my skin. 

I would not recommend this personally, but my aunt that I gave it to has more yellow tones in her skin than I do so the colors are much nicer on her.  For those of us with pink tones, this one is one to skip over.


No comments:

Post a Comment