Thursday, October 2, 2014

I've Had My Eyes on Boudoir Eyes...

It is no secret that I have been eyeing up Boudoir eyes like nobody's business.  So when I saw it in a set with a few other items online at Ulta, I pulled the trigger and finally bought it for myself.  The 9 shadow palette was in the Born to Be Gorgeous kit online only at Ulta and was really a steal, if I do say so myself.

I was pleasantly right on the money with what I expected of this one.  ...Please excuse my crappy background.  I was so excited that it had arrived that I pretty much forgot to take good pictures.  I have been using it every day since it arrived.


So pretty and shiny and adorable... 

But anyway, like most of the other Too Faced palettes, Boudoir eyes has 9 different shades in similar color families with a range of finishes.


The shades are In the Buff, Fuzzy Handcuffs, Voulez-Vous, Satin Sheets, Sugar Walls, Garter Belt, Birthday Suit, Lap Dance, and French Tickler.  Keeping up with the boudoir theme, Too Faced presents us with 9 sexy sounding shades, in a range of pinks and lavenders.  This is one of the more shimmery palettes with Garter Belt being the only matte shade.

All of the colors are super buttery and delicious.  They create a range of sultry yet soft looks that can easily be transitioned from day to night.


Here's the thing, I am really pale and swatches don't always show up great on my skin.  However, this palette is definitely for softer looks.  Let's look closer at these swatches.


These three are the top three colors in the palette (the day line): In the Buff, Fuzzy Handcuffs, and Voulez-Vous.

In the Buff is a cream colored highlight shadow with a satin finish.

Fuzzy Handcuffs is light pink taupe with a satin finish.

Voulez-Vous is a cool grey purple shadow with silver shimmers.


This is the middle row of shadows (The Classic Line): Satin Sheets, Sugar Walls, and Garter Belt.

Satin Sheets is a pale baby pink with a satin finish.  This shadow is actually my favorite in the whole palette.  I like to use it all over my lid and up to my brow bone.  It is very sheer, but it have beautiful rose wine colored shimmers in it.

Sugar Walls is a cool muted pink with taupe undertones and a satin finish.  This is my favorite one to use in my crease because it is such a gentle color and comes out as a warm pink-brown that accents gold tones in your eyes.

Garter Belt is a warm slate grey with a matte finish.


This is the bottom three colors (the Fashion line): Birthday Suit, Lap Dance, and French Tickler.

Birthday Suit is a very light taupe, almost a lighter shade of Sugar Walls with a satin finish.

Lap Dance is a silver grey shade with gunmetal shimmers.

French Tickler is a warm black shade with gold sparkles, similar to Dolly in the Country Palette.  This is a great accent color to line your eyes with and deepen your crease.

And then, as usual, Too Faced provides a fun little guide on 3 quick 3-minute looks.  My little pamphlet came a bit marked up from what I assume was fallout from French Tickler.


"Be fiercely feminine in the bedroom and beyond."


"We've designed out palette and signature Glamour Guide to take the guesswork out of getting gorgeous.  These looks will get you started, but don't stop there!  Once you've mastered them, keep playing!  It's fun to be a girl!"




Too Faced has carved a special niche in my heart.  This might be my favorite palette of all time.  










No comments:

Post a Comment