Thursday, September 18, 2014

My Cover FX Fix

This was the foundation that I purchased at Sephora, during my first ever good experience.  My previous post outlined the experience that ended up being quite a joy.  Anyway, the foundation that I actually went into the store to get.  I bought a Cover FX liquid foundation (in P20) and also the powder compact.


I bought the foundation and compact and the MUFE finishing powder was a freebie with my Sephora points.

The cool thing about this brand is that, no matter what you are buying, you are the same color in all types.  I can pick up any face product in P20 and they will all match.  True match, not like the CoverGirl lies...

Additionally, they have a very wide range of colors that is divided into manageable categories.  You can get neutral shades (N___), yellow shades (Y___) and pink shades (P___).  The colors are a little deceiving in the tubes, so I would suggest swatching them or having someone help you get that color match, but overall, they should have your shade with no problems.

The liquid is nice and thick, but not too thick.  I find you get the best application with a firm flat topped brush or a damp beauty blender.  I like the beauty blender best because it gives a more poreless look and doesn't apply too much at once like a brush sometimes can.  The best way I have found to apply this stuff is by putting a glob on the back of your hand and taking from there.  I shockingly know a lot of people that apply directly to the brush or face, but do not do that... It wastes product.  However, this product is not very well applied with clean fingers.  You really do need a tool, unlike some other foundations.  A little goes a long way, BUT-- and it's a big but-- the colors are very buildable.  Put on one layer and if you need more, give it a moment to "dry" and then add another layer of foundation.  You will probably find that one good coat will do you.

The compact is a traditional pressed powder that comes with a little circular sponge, like most compacts do.  I however, find that a Kabuki brush works best.  The sponge tends to soak up face oils and then transfer them onto the powder, making a weird gummy film over small places and I can't stand that.  But it is easily wiped away with a brush.

Overall, the products were a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.  The two products ran be about $80 and then the setting powder from MUFE was free.  The other freebie choice was a lip crayon (but I have enough reds... blasphemy I know) and not enough setters.  I don't know what the prizes are now yet though because I haven't been in in a while.  When I went in, this was the 100 point freebie and the 500 point freebie was a Tarte kit of something.

If you have the money to spend, this stuff will not disappoint!  If you DON'T have the money to spend... I am currently in search of a drugstore dupe.

Please follow my INSTAGRAM @MommysLittleHarpy and my TWITTER @MammasLilHarpy for updates.  I will try to get back in the habit of mini reviews on Instagram and actually using twitter.  I also have a facebook page at www.Facebook.com/xoBeautyByYou

No comments:

Post a Comment